Please REMOVE any jewelry, piercings, earrings(studs), nose rings, wristbands, watches, or any sharp or hard objects in your hair that could cause injury or you will not be allowed to play. Taping over earrings or piercings will not be allowed. We will have basic medical supplies at the gym. We also will have ice bags for injuries and an AED onsite
Our goal is to provide a positive environment for girls to learn and develop their basketball skills. We will provide practice time, game experience, coaching, instructional materials, homework assignments, and a home workout plan to help encourage and develop these skills.
Our goal is to create a positive teaching and coaching environment. We want the girls to learn the game fundamentals and have a positive experience doing it. Our league will have special rules to help create that atmosphere.
- NO score will be kept. The clock will be running time. No Halftime. The clock will not stop for substitutions, NO time outs. Games will be 25-35 minutes (After practice ends). We may need volunteers to be clock managers for our practice sessions if needed.
- Mandatory substitutions every 4-5 minutes. Everyone must play at least ½ the game or 12-15 minutes.
- NO pressing, pick up at half court exception grades 7-8 and High School can press last 10 minutes of the game.
- Free Throws – The player will shoot one FT for a shooting foul on a missed basket and no FT if the basket is made.
- Man to Man defense only. NO double-teaming the ball handler.
- Referees will not call everything in Grades 1-2. They will be stricter with their calls starting with grades 3-4.
We may utilize parent volunteers to coach teams and assist in the practice sessions if needed. If you are interested, please let us know. Ideally, we would like to have 2 coaches per team, if needed.